Xy and I are celebrating our steel anniversary. Twelve years ago today, we got married.
In the mix this morning:
- “Anniversary” by Tony! Toni! Toné! (Of course. And not the short version either. Nothing but the full nine and a half minute odyssey will do.)
- “Good Eleven” (Multiplication Rock)
- “Eleventh Earl of Mar” by Genesis
- “Feeling Hot Hot Hot” by Trinidad Steel Drum Band
- “Earth Crisis” by Steel Pulse (not to be confused with the band Earth Crisis)
- “Fistful of Steel” by Rage Against the Machine
- “Livin’ After Midnight” by Judas Priest (from the British Steel album)
- “Metal Gods” (ditto)
- “Sun and Steel” by Iron Maiden
Who are we trying to kid, anyway? We’re fucking stoner metalheads. Is that redundant?
We won’t be going out for a fancy dinner, though, since we blew our wad three weeks ago.